Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I asked myself a question???

I asked myself a question, and that question was, "does pain have a voice, and if so, when is it heard?" I begin to think about painful things I experienced in life that left me seemingly voiceless. Things that caused me to walk through some points of my life like one who does a mime, "movement with no audible voice!" Sometimes the pain was so great that I didn't desire a voice. I kept things to myself. I didn't share with friends or family. Talking about things at times had a weight that I didn't want to carry. You tell yourself, things will get better and be better just to realize that a thought alone won't change a thing, but taking action will. You say I will talk soon; I will shift from "movements," to mere mumbles to begin my process, my process of pain expression. Well, time starts ticking; anxiety sets in, the pressure mounts, and all you know is that the voice deep down within you MUST be heard. Minutes turn into hours, hours turn into days, days turn into months, and months turn into years. You think holding your breath for a period of time is hard, try holding in pain for periods of time. Try thinking that it will hurt more to talk, than to hold it in. It is not a pretty place to be in, but purposeful. So you see pain does have a voice, a voice that is deep rooted at times depending on the depth of the issue. Try not to focus on the fact that you’re hurting, but instead focus on the need to give a voice to your pain. Once it has a voice your healing options will be endless!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to this as you very well know! I am super proud of you for pushing this out looking forward to what is come!!!!

    ReplyDelete